Just a quick “Good Luck” to all of you out there who are taking the ACT this Saturday.
- Report to your assigned test center by the time (8:00 a.m.) listed on your admission ticket. You will not be admitted to test if you are late.
- Bring acceptable identification. You will not be admitted to test without it.
- Testing staff will check your ID and admission ticket, admit you to your test room, direct you to a seat, and provide test materials.
Tips for Taking the ACT
- Carefully read the instructions on the cover of the test booklet.
- Read the directions for each test carefully.
- Read each question carefully.
- Pace yourself—don’t spend too much time on a single passage or question.
- Pay attention to the announcement of five minutes remaining on each test.
- Use a soft lead No. 2 pencil with a good eraser; do not use a mechanical pencil or ink pen.
- Answer the easy questions first, then go back and answer the more difficult ones.
- On difficult questions, eliminate as many incorrect answers as you can, then make an educated guess among those remaining.
- Answer every question. Your scores on the multiple-choice tests are based on the number of questions you answer correctly. There is no penalty for guessing.
- If you complete a test before time is called, recheck your work on that test.
- Mark your answers neatly. Erase any mark completely and cleanly without smudging.
- Do not mark or alter any ovals on a test or continue writing the essay after time has been called or you will be dismissed and your answer document will not be scored.
- If you are taking the ACT Plus Writing, see these Writing Test tips.